Saturday, January 10, 2009

A big pleasure.

On this week, a female patient who can't speak Japanese is hospitalized in kidney disease center...here is my working ward.
She is from Peru...and now she lives in Miami.
So she can't speak Japanese at all..her mother tongue is Spanish and she can also speak English.
When I saw her first time,she looks so nervous...she was worried about communication with the nursing staff.
She has a sister who lives in Japan...so her sister visits her everyday.
She has to take several examinations during her hospitalization...so they always go to the exam room together when she was called for exam.

I'm studying English now!...so I tried to talk with her in English.
"Good morning!"
"How is your condition today?"
"Do you have any symptoms?"
I'm not good at English pronunciation...but she understood my questions and answered with smile.
"I'm fine....I have no symptom,but I didn't sleep well yesterday."
...I was able to communicate in English! I made it!!
And then I tried to talk with her in English everytime.

My English helped a patient...I can't tell you how happy I am!!
I'm determined that I'll be a fluent English speaker in the near future...

2 comments:

  1. ...that's one advantage if you can speak English. so, you're right in studying English, Tess!
    ...the good point in it is you feel very happy and fulfilled afterward.

    on the other hand, you've misspelled some words..like studyed - it should be "studied"..prononciation - it should be "pronunciation"...

    also, the word " DETERMINED is an adjective...so your sentence should be " I am determined to study English so that I'll be a fluent English speaker in the near future.".

    and, the phrase " SEVERAL examination" should be " several examinations" in that several is used for more than a few countable nouns/ e.g., things, people, etc..

    lastly, don't forget to observe grammar, specifically the tenses..if your stories denotes past happenings or if those happenings start from the past to present, you should use past simple, past continuous, present perfect and present perfect continuous.

    oh..one more thing, proofread your entry before posting it so that you'll be aware if you misspell some words or if you have faulty grammar...

    so far, you're English is improving as well as your writing skills..so, good job, Tess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your proofreading...
    I made a lot of mistakes!!Oh my god!!
    The grammer is so difficult...so I often confuse...especially the tense is the most difficult for me!
    I'll be careful about grammer...

    ReplyDelete